Sunday, November 26, 2006

Starting to make sense

The events of this weekend have left me sore, hungover and heavily exhausted.
Thursday night that ended up being Friday sunrise, some sleep and three hours of frisbee in Umm Suqueim park followed by a bunch of drinks at the Gardens, followed by some more at Apres, followed by some more in Peppermint.
I thought Timo Maas would show at least enough arogance to play some of his tunes - the only thing I recognised was the "Pictures" remix. Okay, the Depeche Mode was OK too, and as far as my taste goes the Chemical Brothers "Hey girl, hey boy" was the night's tune.
But why am I saying this? To say that's not really the point.
I know I'm being chaotic, but the idea I've been having is still evolving.

I mean, it started as a way to vent my frustrations with this city. Then I decided not to let it bring me down and make a move, be it on my own, not caring if I was to remain alone for the rest of time being here.
Beach turned out to be a good place to start. In no time I met some of the nicest people. And just think it was enough to take a frisbee.

So now I can't complain anymore as I wasn't bored for a single second this weekend.

But now I keep having the thought here must be more you cen get from life here than getting tanned on the beach and caned at the club.
I wanted to bring something more.
So I wanted to start a kind of activity of my own that people who feel similar could participate in.

Just imagine meeting on the beach with a bunch of instruments and throwing a party of your own.

Or meeting up one day to take the Big bus tour around town.

Or a night ride an a bus (have you ever done that? for AED 3 you get a tour from Marina to Bur Dubai).

Or... you name it. It's up to us.

Life's up to us. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see that things are getting better for you hon and that you enjoyed your weekend.

You have a pretty good idea about getting together with a group of people and doing something. I see you joined the forum so just keep an eye on the events section or you can even suggest something ;)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home